Something different in the world of damascus steel Japanese knives... high carbon steel throughout. A very sharp and agile knife with a comfortable handle and lovely balance.
- Hitohira GR Aogami Damascus Steel Japanese Knife
- 165mm Santoku Knife
- Yasuki Blue (Aogami) #2
- High Carbon Damascus Clad
- Rosewood Handle
- Pakka Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 168mm Blade Edge Length / 306mm Overall Length / 2.3mm Blade Thickness
* As our kitchen and chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour over time and require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki..
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.