Something different in the world of damascus steel Japanese knives... high carbon steel throughout. A very sharp and agile knife with a comfortable handle and lovely balance.
- Hitohira GR Aogami Damascus Steel Japanese Knife
- 135mm Santoku Knife
- Yasuki Blue (Aogami) #2
- High Carbon Damascus Clad
- Rosewood Handle
- Pakka Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 136mm Blade Edge Length / 266mm Overall Length / 37mm Height / 2.0mm Blade Thickness / 90g
* As our kitchen and chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour over time and require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.