The Hitohira Futana SB Kuro yields high performance for this price point. Crafted with Aogami Super (Blue) steel and stainless cladding, it represents great value, an impressive feel and easy maintenance. Highly recommended, deservedly a favourite in our store.
- Hitohira Futana SB Kuro Japanese Knife
- 180mm Santoku Knife
- Aogami Super (Blue) Steel
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Pakka Western Handle
- Full Tang
- Crafted in Japan
- 182mm Blade Edge Length / 300mm Overall Length / 1.6mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Blade Height / 182g
* Our Japanese knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* This knife is stainless clad and has a small amount of high carbon steel exposed. These knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.