Hitohira Futana SB Kuro | 170mm Santoku Knife (Bloodwood)
The Hitohira Funtana SB Kuro is a lot of knife for this price point. Made with high end materials, it represents great value and an impressive look and feel. Highly recommended, deservedly a favourite in our store.
- Hitohira Futana SB Kuro Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 170mm Santoku Knife
- Aogami Blue, Stainless Clad
- Bloodwood (Satine) Timber Handle, Pakka Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 170mm Blade Edge Length / 318mm Overall Length / 2.3mm Blade Thickness
* Our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.