The Hitohira Funtana SB Kuro yields a very high performance for it's price point. Crafted with Aogami Super (Blue) steel and stainless cladding, it represents great value, an impressive feel and easy maintenance. Highly recommended, deservedly a favourite in our store.
- Hitohira Futana SB Kuro Japanese Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Aogami Super (Blue) Steel
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Sakura (Cherry) Timber Handle, Ebony Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 165mm Blade Edge Length / 312mm Overall Length / 1.6mm Blade Thickness / 52mm Blade Height / 158g
* Our Japanese knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* This knife is stainless clad and has a small amount of high carbon steel exposed. These knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.