The striking Nickel Damascus series from Hitohira Japan is a thin and light knife with great cutting performance and an amazing aesthetic. The mirror polished damascus steel is forged of AUS-10 stainless steel with a high end Tagayasan and Ebony octagonal handle.
- Hitohira Futana Nickel Damascus
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Mirror Polished
- AUS-10 (Stainless) with Stainless Damascus Steel Cladding
- Tagayasan & Ebony Wood Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 163mm Blade Edge Length / 311mm Overall Length / 1.6mm Blade Thickness / 52mm Blade Height / 164g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.