Hand forging knives in Echizen Japan, Hideo Kitaoka holds the monarch Dentokougeshi, master of traditional crafts. His work is sought after throughout the world.
This Kiritsuke Yanagiba is taller than most we see of this profile, finish level is average but steel quality and grind high. Something different we're very much enjoying.
- Hideo Kitaoka Japanese Knife
- 300mm Kiritsuke Yanagiba Knife
- Migaki Finish
- Aogami (Blue) #2 Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Rosewood D Handle
- Right Hand Bevel
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 455mm Total Length | 290mm Edge Length | 3.6mm / 2.84 / 2.36 Thickness | 42mm Height | 209g
* High carbon knives will patina (change colour) over time. Some care is required to prevent rust.