Goko Hamono (Kogetsu) | 240mm Gyuto Knife (Shirogami / Stainless)
Hand-crafted in Chiba Japan, Kogetsu knives are a high performing work-horse of outstanding value. Shirogami #1 steel (the sharpest) with stainless cladding for ease of maintenance. They are quite tall with a bit more weight behind them than most, they are still thin at the edge with good cutting performance. Their rustic appeal is something we personally love but keep in mind finish levels are a little lower than some, more than acceptable at this price.
- Kogetsu Japanese Knife
- Goko Hamono - Chiba, Japan
- 240mm Gyuto Knife
- Shirogami (White) #1
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Nashiji Finish
- Oak Timber Japanese Handle
- Purpleheart Timber Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 400mm Overall Length / 245mm Blade Edge Length / 2.7mm Blade Thickness / 55mm Blade Height / 203g
* As these knives are hand-made, small variation to size and colour may occur.
* The edge of this knife will change colour (patina) in use, it requires a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. This knife is stainless clad, so only the cutting edge is high carbon.