Fujiwara Nashiji | 150mm Petty Knife (WA)
Teruyasu Fujiwara is a pioneer of the Japanese blacksmith fraternity, his heat treatment is about as good as it gets, yielding extremely sharp knives which outperform many that cost considerably more.
This nashiji line has a lower finish level but are very high performing. The grind is a little inconsistent but with a little stone work these can outperform knives costing double.
- Teruyasu Fujiwara Japanese Knife
- Nashiji Series
- 150mm Petty Knife
- Shirogami (White) #1, Soft Stainless Clad
- Japanese Style WA Handle (D-Shape)
- Magnolia Wood Handle, Plastic Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 156mm Blade Edge Length / 294mm Overall Length / 2.8mm Blade Thickness / 37mm Blade Height / 84g
* This Japanese knife is stainless clad with a high carbon core. The small high carbon steel section near the blade edge will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust and chipping.
* As our knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.