Teruyasu Fujiwara is a pioneer of the Japanese blacksmith fraternity, his heat treatment is about as good as it gets, yielding extremely sharp knives which outperform many that cost considerably more.
These knives are quite thin, very high performing but some care is required to prevent chipping. Often the grind is not perfect out of box but they have a lot of sharpness potential.
- Teruyasu Fujiwara Japanese Knife
- Maboroshi Series
- 150mm Petty Knife
- Shirogami (White) #1, Soft Stainless Clad
- Japanese Style WA Handle
- Magnolia Wood Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 155mm Blade Edge Length / 281mm Overall Length / 2.4mm Blade Thickness / 35mm Blade Height / 73g
* This Japanese knife is stainless clad with a high carbon core. The small high carbon steel section near the blade edge will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust and chipping.
* As our knives are hand-made (with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knives
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.