Crafted in Echizen Japan by master blacksmith Shiro Kamo, this series represents outstanding value for such a high-performance, hand-forged knife.
Easier maintenance and high end Aogami Super (AS) carbon steel, clad with stainless steel.
- Shiro Kamo Japanese Knife
- 170mm Bunka Knife
- Tsuchime (Hammer Tone) & Kurouchi Finish
- Aogami (Blue) Super Carbon Steel
- Soft Stainless Cladding
- Octagonal Oak Handle w/ Wenge Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 173mm Blade Edge Length / 314mm Overall Length / 2.2mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Blade Height / 125g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* The carbon steel edge on this knife does require some care to prevent rust. It will change colour (patina) in use.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.