Okeya Japanese Kitchen Knife | 165mm Bunka Knife (Aogami)
New from Okeya Japan are these great value Tsuchime kitchen knives. Crafted with a high carbon Hagane (core) and soft-stainless Jigane (cladding), they an excellent mid-level performer. Comfortable, sharp and easy to maintain, with a very cool look... our new go-to knife.
- Okeya Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 165mm Bunka Knife
- Hagane (Core): Aogami 2 (Blue Steel) - High Carbon Steel
- Jigane (Cladding): Soft Stainless Steel
- Tsuchime - Hammer Tone Finish
- Walnut Timber WA Japanese Handle
- Plywood Ferrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 304mm Overall Length / 165mm Blade Edge Length / 2mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Blade Height / 130g
* As our kitchen and chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.