We are proud to be partnering with Yoshida Hamono, bringing their knives to Australia for the first time.
Their high carbon range is extremely good value. Hand forged blue steel with a decent grind and excellent heat treatment, hard to come close anywhere near this price point.
- Yoshida Hamono Japanese Knife
- Saga Prefecture, Japan
- 190mm Bunka Knife
- Blue (Aogami) #2, Iron Clad
- Kurouchi Finish
- Kebonized Maple Handle
- Pakka Ferrule
- HRC: 61-63
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 190mm Blade Edge Length / 334mm Overall Length / 1.8mm Blade Thickness / 50mm Blade Height / 143g
* As our kitchen and chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour over time and require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.