Crafted with a high performance Aogami Super core and stainless cladding, these bunka are thin and light. Exceedingly good value for a knife of this performance level.
- Hitohira Futana SB Migaki Japanese Knife
- 170mm Bunka Knife
- Aogami (Blue) Super Carbon Steel
- Soft Stainless Cladding
- Sakura (Cherry) Wood Japanese Style WA Handle
- Ebony Ferrule
- HRC 61 (+/-1)
- Crafted in Japan
- 174mm Blade Edge Length / 320mm Overall Length / 1.7mm Blade Thickness / 43mm Height / 118g
* The edge of this knife is carbon steel, a small amount of care is required to prevent rust.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.