Crafted from high performance SG-2 powdered stainless steel, these Yu Kurosaki knives have one of the most attractive finishes we have seen. Good F&F and sharpness out of the box, well balanced and a great overall weight, we certainly endorse the widely held appreciation for this knife.
- Yu Kurosaki Japanese Chef Knife
- 165mm Santoku Knife
- SG-2 Powdered Stainless Steel
- Soft Stainless Cladding
- Echizen-Fukui, Japan
- Rosewood Handle / Pakka Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 168mm Blade Edge Length / 310mm Overall Length / 46mm Blade Height / 2.5mm Blade Thickness / 119g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.