Yoshimi Kato Nashiji series are outstanding value for such a high performing knife. With an SG2 powdered stainless steel core and stainless cladding, they are easy to maintain whilst achieving the high levels of sharpness.
- Yoshimi Kato Nashiji Knife
- 170mm Bunka Knife
- SG2 / R2 (Stainless), Stainless Clad
- Echizen, Japan
- Rosewood Handle, Pakka Derrule
- Hand-Crafted in Japan
- 165mm Blade Edge Length / 305mm Overall Length / 2.8mm Blade Thickness / 45mm Blade Height / 140g
* Our Japanese knives are hand crafted (most with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Bunka (Home Cook Knife)
Also like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Bunka knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Bunka knife is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.