We don't see many knives at this price point crafted from Aogami (blue) steel, it's a great value high carbon option that we are very much enjoying. Finish is mid level, with some small scratches and marks from manufacture, more than worth it for the performance achievable.
- Morihei Kunihide Japanese Chef Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Aogami (Blue) #2 High Carbon Steel
- Soft Iron Clad
- Poplar Timber Handle, Plastic Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 160mm Blade Edge Length / 304mm Overall Length / 2.7mm Blade Thickness / 51mm Blade Height / 135g
* As our kitchen and chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour over time and require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki..