Hand crafted in Sakai Japan, this large vintage usuba knife is an impressive piece. Forged from shirogami (white) steel it represents outstanding value for a knife of this quality and size. This is a New-Old Stock item, some small signs of age are present, just 1 is available (pictured).
- Morihei Hisamoto Vintage Japanese Kitchen Knife
- NOS (New Old Stock) - Some Signs of Age
- 240mm Usuba Knife
- Yasuki White (Shirogami)
- Soft Iron Clad
- Right Handed Single Bevel
- Ho Wood & Buffalo Ferrule
- Hand forged in Japan
- 400mm Overall Length / 222mm Blade Edge Length / 5.5mm Blade Thickness / 55mm Blade Height / 383g
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Usuba (Vegetable Knife)
Usuba knives have a flat profile which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. Chefs that cook with vegetables often really appreciate this style, quite specialised but it excels in this cooking arena.