Crafted in Fukui Japan, the STK series is an excellent combination of materials and design. A high quality forged blade of Shirogami #2 high carbon and stainless Damascus cladding, with kurouchi (rustic) finish.
These knives are thin behind the edge with a comfortable handle and nice balance, a quality mid range option which we are very much enjoying.
- Hitohira STK Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 170mm Santoku Knife
- Shirogami (White) #2
- Stainless Damascus Steel Cladding
- Kurouchi (Rustic) Finish
- Ho Wood Handle
- Pakka Ferrule
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 172mm Blade Edge Length / 314mm Overall Length / 3mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Blade Height / 123g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High carbon chef knives will change colour (patina) over time, a small amount of extra care is required to prevent rust. This knife is stainless clad, only a small amount of high carbon steel is exposed.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.