Much like their Imojiya cousins, the HG line of Damascus steel kitchen knives by Hitohira Japan are a high quality option for their modest price. High-quality VG10 stainless steel and pakka wood western handle for ease of maintenance, along with a lovely Damascus steel tsuchime (hammer tone) finish. The perfect kitchen work-horse or entry into the world of Japanese knives.
- Hitohira HG VG10 Damascus Steel Knife
- 160mm Nakiri Knife
- VG10, Stainless Damascus Clad
- Tsuchime (Hammer-Tone) Finish
- Mahogany Look Pakka Handle
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Crafted in Japan
- 162mm Blade Edge Length | 288mm Overall Length | 1.8mm Blade Thickness | 44mm Blade Height | 186g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.