Hand-crafted in Echizen Japan, Ittetsu Kurouchi are a high performance carbon knife with an attractive rustic aesthetic. The grind is thin behind the edge with a little weight at the spine, amazing value for a White #1 hand forged knife.
- Ittetsu Kurouchi Japanese Knife
- Echizen, Japan
- 170mm Santoku Knife
- Shirogami (white) #1, Soft Iron Clad
- Mono Walnut Handle
- Hand crafted in Japan
- 170mm Blade Edge Length / 310mm Overall Length / 3.0mm Blade Thickness / 45mm Blade Height / 117g
* High carbon steel kitchen knives will change colour (patina) during use, some care is required to prevent surface rust.
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.