The perfect configuration of materials and grind, this Santoku knife is an outstanding knife for the home cook. High carbon steel core (for a sharper edge) and stainless cladding (for ease of maintenance) it is light, thin and sharp.
- Hitohira AH Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 170mm Santoku Knife
- Shirogami (White) #2 High Carbon Steel
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Ho Wood D Handle Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 170mm Blade Edge Length | 312mm Overall Length | 2.6mm Blade Thickness | 46mm Blade Height | 111g
* As our Japanese kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* High Carbon steel requires a small amount of care to prevent rust. This knife is cladded in stainless so the majority of the exposed steel will not patina.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.