Hand forged stainless Yanagiba are quite rare, these models were found from an old supplier and are extremely good value. There are 4 brand names engraved (note, the 180mm has no engraving) but all were forged by the same blacksmith. The perfect entry knife into a Yanagiba, just 1 of each size is available, be quick.
Please note these are NOS (new old stock), whilst they have not be used there are some mark and signs of age.
- Hand Forged Japanese Knife
- NOS - Some Signs of Age
- 180, 210 or 240mm Yanagiba Knife
- Forged VG10 Stainless Steel
- Soft Stainless Clad
- Ho Wood Japanese Handle, Buffalo Ferrule
- Right Hand Bevel
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- Mumei 180mm: 310mm Total Length | 170mm Edge Length | 3.8mm Thickness | 99.4g
- Sugimoto 210mm: 336mm Total Length | 198mm Edge Length | 3.5mm Thickness | 106.8g
- Akitoshi 225mm: 362mm Total Length | 217mm Edge Length | 4.1mm Thickness | 124.6g
- Hayashi-Ya 240mm: 374mm Total Length | 228mm Edge Length | 4.2mm Thickness | 142.2g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made with natural materials like timber, small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.