Daitoku Forged Aogami | 165mm Nakiri Knife (Walnut)
Something special from Daitoku Japan, this hand forged Nakiri knife is uniquely crafted, completely by hand by Tomonori Akahata blacksmith. The handle is hand carved from walnut timber, it is larger than most handles but very comfortable. Each piece is a work of art and available in extremely limited numbers.
- Daitoku Japanese Kitchen Knife
- 165mm Nakiri Knife
- Aogami (Blue) #2
- Soft Iron Clad
- Hand Carved Walnut Timber Handle
- Brass Ferrule
- Hand Crafted in Japan
- 168mm Blade Edge Length / 310mm Overall Length / 2.7mm Blade Thickness
* Knife as pictured, just 1 is available.
* Non stainless steel kitchen knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Nakiri (Vegetable Knife)
Nakiri knives have a flat profile and tall blade height which aids in push chopping but does make rock style cutting a little uncomfortable. The Nakiri, like many western style chef knives has a double bevel grind, in contrast to the Japanese style vegetable knife, the Usuba, which is single bevel. Whilst a Gyuto or Santoku does do a good job at cutting vegetables, the larger flat bottom of a Nakiri or Usuba make the task much easier. The Nakiri is one of our favourite profiles, highly recommended.