Hitohira Tanaka (Aogami) | 270mm Sakimaru Knife (Mirror Polished)
We commissioned this Sakimaru knife to be custom crafted by Kikuchiyo blacksmith of Sakai, Japan. A stunning alternative to our Yanagiba for sashimi preparation and slicing duties. Forged from Aogami #2 with an upgraded walnut handle, mirror polish and timber saya.
- Hitohira Tanaka Japanese Chef Knife
- 270mm Sakimaru Takobiki Knife
- Aogami (Blue) #1
- Soft Iron Clad
- Manzo Mirror Polish (silver) Finish
- Ebony Japanese Handle w/ Buffalo Ferrule
- Timber Saya Included
- Right Hand Single Bevel
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- 416mm Total Length | 266mm Edge Length | 2.2mm Thickness | 28mm Height | 178g
* As our kitchen knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
* Non stainless steel kitchen and chef knives require a small amount of care to prevent surface rust. Even though this can easily be removed if it does occur, we recommend you hand wash and thoroughly dry after each use, do not use a dishwasher. For extended storage, coat in an oil like our Tsubaki.