One of the most stunning Damascus steel finishes we have seen recently, these beautifully crafted knives are both practical and high performers. Crafted with the distinguished Swedish stainless steel for it's core and clad in Damascus stainless steel, these kitchen knives are easy to maintain and super sharp. The design is thin and light, "laser" esq, sharp and very agile.
- Hitohira SW Stainless Damascus Steel
- 185mm Santoku Knife
- Swedish Stainless Steel, Stainless Damascus Clad
- Cherry Wood or Ho Wood Handle (Choose Above)
- Ebony Ferrule
- Crafted in Japan
- 185mm Blade Edge Length / 340mm Overall Length / 1.6mm Blade Thickness / 46mm Height / 105g
* As our kitchen and chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.