Crafted by one of the most highly sought after blacksmiths in Japan, Ashi Hamono, these limited petty knives are elegant and thin. They reach some of the highest levels of performance possible, just 3 available.
- Hitohira Ashi Japanese Knife
- Ashi Hamono, Sakai Japan
- 150mm Petty Knife
- Shirogami (White) #2 Carbon Steel (mono)
- Ebony Wood & Buffalo Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 140mm Blade Edge Length / 284mm Overall Length / 1.7mm Blade Thickness / 27mm Blade Height / 80g
* These knives are high carbon steel, they will change colour (patina) in use and require some care to prevent rust. They are quite thin and made from shirogami steel, some care is required to prevent chipping.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Petty & Paring Knife
Petty knives are narrow but can range quite widely in length, from smaller profiles that can be used as paring knives, through to longer models that verge on Sujihiki (Japanese slicing knives). Whatever size you choose, the petty knife is extremely useful in the kitchen, the perfect partner to your Gyuto.