The striking Nickel Damascus series from Hitohira Japan is a thin and light knife with great cutting performance and an amazing aesthetic. The mirror polished damascus steel is forged of AUS-10 stainless steel with a high end Tagayasan and Ebony octagonal handle.
- Hitohira Futana Nickel Damascus
- 170mm Santoku Knife
- Mirror Polished
- AUS-10 (Stainless) with Stainless Damascus Steel Cladding
- Tagayasan & Ebony Wood Handle
- Crafted in Japan
- 170mm Blade Edge Length / 315mm Overall Length / 1.4mm Blade Thickness / 48mm Blade Height / 130g
* As our Japanese chef knives are hand-made (some with natural materials like timber), small variation to size and colour may occur.
Japanese Kitchen Knife | Santoku (Home Cook Knife)
Like it's larger cousin, the Gyuto, this is your go-to knife for any and all tasks within the kitchen. Generally Santoku knives are smaller in size than Gyuto, making them versatile in smaller home kitchens or for cooks with fledgling knife skills. Both styles of knife are multi-tasking machines that can be used for any and all cooking preparation tasks.
As is the case with most Japanese kitchen knives, the Santoku is thinner & lighter than other western chef knives, they are normally made from harder steel which can hold a sharper edge.